(Not Secret) Recipes
Banana Split Bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 lg. bananas)
- 3 T milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¾ t salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like using the mini)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (walnuts good too
- In lg. mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and egg with electric mixer. Beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In sm. Bowl, mix bananas & milk. Set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and banana mixture to creamed butter mixture, stirring after each addition until dry ingredients are blended. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Spoon into one 9x5-inch or two 7 1/2x3 1/2-inch loaf pans that have been greased & floured. Bake 50-60 minutes in 350 degree oven. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes before removing. Finish cooling on wire rack.
Blueberry Croissant Puff
- 6-7 small croissants or 3-4 large croissants, broken into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Place croissant pieces, evenly in a 9 inch baking dish (I use round pie plate), lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle berries over the pieces, evenly.
- Beat cream cheese & sugar well. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Pour evenly over the croissants and let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-55 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple-do not drain
- 2 cups bananas, mashed, about 3-4 large bananas
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Mix together with whisk. Add eggs, vanilla extract, oil, pineapple, bananas, and nuts. Mix all until moistened.
- Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans or one 9x13 inch pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes until cake is done in center. Frost with Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting!
- A perfect welcome or special occassion treat!
Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb. box or about 3 2/3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans