- Taste of Christmas, December 2, 2017,Spencer Lake Christian Center-An annual celebration kicking off the season with all the traditional sights, sounds, and tastes of Christmas. (715) 258-5707, www.Spencer-Lake.org
- Iola Lioness Christmas Parade, Iola - December 2, 2017. Visit Santa, treats, kids entertainment and Toys for Tots Collection. (715) 445-4005, www.ISChamber.org
- Pearl Harbor Day Program, December 7, 2017-Wisconsin Veterans Home King-(715) 258-4247,www.wisvets.com
- Waupaca Polar Bear Plunge, January 1st - Ring in the new year with an icy dip in the Chain 'O Lakes. Proceeds benefit the Waupaca Fire Department. This annual event is held on the shores of Limekiln Lake, Cty. Q, at Becker Marine/ Wheel House Restaurant and the plunge into the lake takes place at 1 p.m. The event is open to all.
- Waupaca Pond Hockey Classic, January 28-29, 2017, Pond hockey tournaments, winter sports and activities, warming tent with food and beverages. (715) 258-7343, www.WaupacaMemories.com
- Candlelight Ski, Waupaca, January 28, 2017 - An annual event at Hartman Creek State Park, weather permitting. One and one-third mile tracked cross-country ski trail, plus one mile hiking trail lighted with candles. Willow sticks for roasting snacks, charcoal grills and concessions provided. 5-9 p.m. (715) 258-2372.
- Iola Winter Carnival & Lutefisk Supper, Iola, February 4-5, 2017 - Ice carving contest on State Street; Norwegian lutefisk supper and craft sale at the High School; twilight snowshoe race, Nordic combined cross-country ski race and ski jumping at the Iola Winter Sports Club. Iola is only 15 miles north of Waupaca on Hwy. 49. (715) 445-4005, www.ISChamber.org
- Fire on Ice Snowmobile Races, February 25-27, 2017- Oval track races, Sno-X, Kitty Cat Races, Vintage Racing, TLR Cup finals, vendors, raffles, food, beverages and entertainment, (920) 867-4567, www.FireOnIceWega.com
*Dates subject to change please call for more information*
- Irish Wake, March 17, 2017-Downtown Waupaca- Annual event which includes singing, poetry reading and toting a message-filled coffin throughout the streets of Downtown Waupaca with stops at local establishments. www.waupacaarts.org
- St. Patrick's Day Grand Parade and Irish Fest, New London, March 2017 - Wisconsin's largest St. Patrick's Day Parade with marching and bagpipe bands (over 100 units in total!) Festivities begin when the Leprechauns change the town's name to "New Dublin" for the week. Irish caroling, music, food, entertainment and spirits! Bring the family for this week long celebration of New London's strong Irish heritage. For more information please call: (715) 982-5822 or www.newdublin.com
- Women's Spring Crafting Retreat-Camp LuWiSoMo, March 10-12, 2017-Enjoy a weekend dedicated to creating greeting cards and stamping or work on quilting, crocheting or knitting project. 920-622-3350, www.luwisomo.org
- WDUX Home & Garden Show, March 4-5, 2017-Annual show featuring exhibits for home, garden, and leisure. Take advantage of home specials and thousands of dollars in door prizes. 715-258-5528, www.WDUXradio.com
- Spring Fun Extravaganza, April 22, 2017-Fox Valley Technical College, Waupaca. Take up to 4 classes from 20+ hands on workshops and seminars for under $25. Inexpensive fun for the whole family and many classes to choose from. (715) 942-1700, www.fvtc.edu/waupaca
- Waupaca's Art Show, April 29-May 5, 2017- Annual juried art show and exhibits. www.fineartsfestival.org
- ThedaCare Waupaca Fun Run, May 6, 2017, Annual 1 mile and 5K fun run/walk.
- WORS Bump & Jump mountain bike race, May 21, 2017, Iola Winter Sports Club, Cty. MM, Iola, WI-WORS-Wisconsin Off-Road Series, 715-445-4005, www.ISChamber.org
- WI Veterans Home Open House and Old Car Show, King/Waupaca, May 21, 2017 - a full day of activities includes an old car show, military vehicles, tours, excursions on the Chain O' Lakes, band concerts, food and refreshments. (715) 258-4247, www.WisVets.com
- Memorial Day Programs, Rotary Riverview Park, Waupaca & Wisconsin Veterans Home at King, May 29, 2017 , Memorial Day Observance, flags displayed on over 5,000 graves, picnic, musical celebration and more. 715-258-4247, www.WisVets.com
*Dates subject to change please call for more information*
- Hutchinson House Museum, Waupaca - At South Park; Open Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays, 10-4pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend. Take a step back in time with a visit to the historic Hutchinson House with its impressive collection of Victorian artifacts. Free admission. (715) 256-9980, www.WaupacaHistory.org
- Chapel on the Lakes, King - 1 hour Chief Waupaca cruise with interdenominational church service every Wednesday at 6pm, Mid-June through Mid-August, Cty Road QQ in King on the Chain O' Lakes. (715) 258-7688.
- Band Concerts on the City Square, Waupaca - Every Friday evening at 7pm, June 17-July 29, 2016 located at the gazebo in front of City Hall, downtown Waupaca. In existance since 1887. Final concert is at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in King. (715) 252-7280.
- Webfooters Water Ski Shows, Fremont - on the Wolf River: Every Sunday and Wednesday at 6:00pm.
- Chain Skiers Water Ski Shows, Waupaca -In front of Wisconsin Veterans Home on Rainbow Lake; Saturdays @ 6:30PM (Junior Show @ 6pm)
- Free fishing weekend, Statewide, June 3-4, 2017
- Annual Lions Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast, Waupaca - June 18, 2017- Breakfast, bake sale, raffle, airplane viewing and rides. Fun! (715) 258-2710
- American Legion King Day, June 18, 2017, 10-3pm, WI Veterans Home King, Chicken BBQ, band concerts and a parage. (715) 258-4247, www.WisVets.com
- Strawberry Fest, Waupaca - June 17, 2017 - Held annually on the third full weekend in June, Strawberry Fest features an art/craft fair with 150 vendors, strawberry shortcake, live entertainment, great food and more, providing a great way to celebrate the beginning of summer! 715-258-7343, www.WaupacaMemories.com
- Railroad Depot Open House, June 17, 2017, Waupaca. Visit Waupaca's historic railroad depot and see the recently acquired caboose. (715) 256-9980, www.WaupacaHistory.org
- Strawberry Fest Train Show- June 17-18, 2017 - Two gyms of model railroad layout and sales tables. Food stand and model contest. Model railroad related demonstration tables. Held downtown at the Waupaca Recreation Center. (715) 824-2045, www.wamrltd.com
- Waupaca County Garden Walk & Art Stroll, Waupaca - June 24, 2017 9am-4:00pm-A rare chance to stroll some of the area's most scenic gardens while viewing work by area artists. www.WaupacaMemories.com
- Midwest Renewable Energy Fair, Custer- June 16-18, 2017 - The Midwest Renewable Energy Association organizes this "Energy Fair", the world's largest venue for learning about renewable energy and sustainable living technologies, in Custer, WI, just 15 minutes from Waupaca. The fair features hundreds of workshops, demonstrations, and exhibits. www.the-mrea.org
- Mid-Western Rodeo, June 29-July 1, 2017 - It's big, it's wild, it's western! Voted the Great Lakes Circuit best medium rodeo. Bull and bronc riding, steer wrestling, team and tie down roping, women's barrel racing, pony rides, vendors, free dances after the evening rodeo performances, chicken bbq, stampede 5K/10K fun run/walk, rodeo parade and more. (800) 74RODEO, www.ManawaRodeo.org
- Mid-Western Rodeo, June 29-July 1, 2017 - It's big, it's wild, it's western! Voted the Great Lakes Circuit best medium rodeo. Bull and bronc riding, steer wrestling, team and tie down roping, women's barrel racing, pony rides, vendors, free dances after the evening rodeo performances, chicken bbq, stampede 5K/10K fun run/walk, rodeo parade and more. (800) 74RODEO, www.ManawaRodeo.org.
- 4th of July Celebration, Waupaca - July 4th- The annual Waupaca July 4th celebration, features a parade on downtown Main Street at 10am, food stands at South Park at 11am, a 6:00 p.m. waterski show on Rainbow Lake, and fireworks display over Shadow Lake at dusk. www.WaupacaAreaChamber.com, (715) 258-7343
- Iola Old Car Show & Swap Meet, Iola - July 6-8, 2017 - Midwest's largest old car show held the 2nd weekend of July. 2,500+ show cars, 4,430 swap meet spaces, old cars for sale, great food and more. (715) 445-4000, www.IolaOldCarShow.com
- Thresheree & National Tractor Pull, Symco, July 28-30, 2017, Demonstrations and entertainment throughout the weekend. www.symcoutc.com, (920) 757-6995
- Annual EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) Fly-In at Oshkosh - July 24-30, 2017 - Whether you are interested in building, buying or owning an airplane; seeing the world's greatest air show performers; meeting aviation personalities; or just enjoy being around airplanes. Less than 40 miles from Waupaca. Held annually and draws 3/4 million spectators and participants from around the world. www.airventure.org
- Scandinavia Corn Roast, Scandinavia - August 4-6, 2017 - Live music and entertainment, carnival rides, tractor pull, pie social, baseball games, roasted sweet corn (Free corn on Sunday only), and much more fun. (715) 467-2366, www.CornRoast.net
- The Shakedown, Symco- August 12-13, 2016 - 1964 & older traditional style hot rods and customs. Vendors, party, car show and rockabilly weekend. Free tubing on the Wolf River. 920-235-1020, www.SymcoShakedown.com
- John Hatherly Mid-Century "Ride Waupaca", August 21, 2016--One of the most scenic Century Rides in the Midwest, 12,20,50,62,70, and 100 mile routes. Well-stocked rest stops, rolling country roads. All proceeds benefit Waupaca High School scholarships. Event details and registration at www.321goevents.com
- Iola Vintage Military & Gun Show with Vintage Tractors & Equipment, Iola - August 12-13, 2017- This event has military vehicles & equipment, tractors, machines and a professional vehicle exhibit, re-enactor encampments, WWII and Vietnam era battle re-enactments and pyrotechnics, swap meet, speakers, entertainment and parades of vehicles. www.iolavms.com
- Kid's Mini Triathlon, August 18, 2017 - Special event for children ages 4- 10. Distances will vary according to age groups. South Park, Waupaca www.WaupacaAreaTriathlon.com, 715-258-7343
- Waupaca Area Triathlon, Waupaca - August 19, 2017 - Waupaca's annual triathlon, a 1/2 mile swi
- Annual Horse and Buggy Days Weyauwega - September 16, 207 -The clock is turned back for this event to celebrate days gone by. Lots of food, games, live music, gala parade at 1:30pm , and horse and buggies create a fun atmosphere. For more information call 920-867-2500, www.WeyauwegaChamber.com
- Fall O Rama, September 16, 2017, South Park, Waupaca, Parade, pumpkin carving demonstrations, food, craft fair, live music and a petting zoo. (715) 258-4435, www.WaupacaFallORama.com.
- Hidden Studio's Art Tour-Along the Ice Age Trail, October 6-8, 2017- A tour of working studios in Central Wisconsin. Generally considered the peak fall foliage weekend in Central Wisconsin. See fine art in the making when these working artists' studios open their doors to the public for tours, demonstrations, and the opportunity to purchase original art. (715) 258-0195. www.hiddenstudioarttour.com
- Chain O'Lakes Blues Festival, October 6-7, 2017 - Indian Crossing Casino, Waupaca-Good times and great music at the historic Indian Crossing Casino featuring some of the best blues bands in Wisconsin. 715-258-7343, www.ChainOLakesBluesFestival.com
- Autumn Harvest Fest- King/Waupaca, October 7, 2017, pumpkin carving, crafts, fresh produce, entertainment, specialty shopping, and more. Enjoy a trip to the pumpkin patch, and Waupaca's fall colors during Autumn Harvest Fest.
- Classic Christmas, Throughout the Waupaca Area, Last weekend of November. Shop Waupaca, King and in between to find the perfect gifts for everyone on your shopping list. Over 40 unique shops with holiday specials. 715-258-7343, www.WaupacaMemories.com
- Veterans Day Program, King - Celebrated Annually on November 11th - Program starts at 9:30 a.m. at the Wisconsin Veterans Home Marden Center. (715) 258-4247, www.WVHKing.com
- Deer Widows Weekend Craft Shows, November 18, 2017, various locations in Waupaca, Round robin of craft shows held throughout the Waupaca Area. (715) 258-7343, www.WaupacaMemories.com
*Dates subject to change please call for more information*