Even innkeepers have to indulge every once in a while, you must try this recipe if you want to too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple-do not drain
- 2 cups bananas, mashed, about 3-4 large bananas
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Mix together with whisk. Add eggs, vanilla extract, oil, pineapple, bananas, and nuts. Mix all until moistened.
- Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans or one 9×13 inch pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes until cake is done in center. Frost with Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting!
- A perfect welcome or special occassion treat!
Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb. box or about 3 2/3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans